Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Catching Up...


So, everything is in an uproar and OK, all at the same time. The kittens are fine (a bit traumatized, however, after a trip to the Humane Society for their follow-up vaccinations), The Spouse is fine (working on his projects, including his cars), everything in the kitchen is fine and working as it should (thanks be) (OK, there's a little chip in the edge of the sink -- blast!!!), the weather is gorgeous (absolutely no caveats here), we fixed the color issue on the TV which popped up when we moved it back into the family room (a loose cable on the magic box) (easily fixed), the laundry is done (for the moment), and the new carpet got installed this morning.

However, work still needs to be done in the two rooms that got the new carpeting ... A bit of touch-up painting in the guest room (formerly The Graffiti Room), flooring installed in the bottom of the closets in both rooms, shelving replaced in the closet of the guest room, new bed needs to be purchased for the guest room (and also new bed linens -- that will be fun!), furniture needs to be painted for the guest room (I hope the primer will cover the graffiti on the bedside table and the bureau) (grrrrr), curtains for the guest room window (until the new window goes in, and then new plantation shutters), replace the sliding closet doors in the guest room (they got pulled out for painting and other improvements)... I'm exhausted just writing it down!

Of course, part of the carpet installation was cleaning out the two rooms; the photo on this post is my living room, which now looks like a warehouse. I don't even want to go in there and see it... It's going to be a pain in the butt sorting everything out again. I sense a huge garage sale coming!

Then, we get to go play in the kitchen at the Berkeley house... It's coming along, but there is still a lot of mudding and taping and sanding and re-mudding to be done. Then, and only then, we can start thinking about installing the new cabinets. And we still need to deal with the two windows over the sink... It never ends... And that's only the beginning of what needs to still be done...

And, I gave up drinking my nightly Cosmo's, because I think there were far too many calories and/or carbs in that lovely little beverage. I still have a glass of white wine with dinner, but that's it. (I refuse to give up my Friday night Cosmo, though... really, there are limits!)

I know, compared with the wars simmering and/or burning in many areas, floods, earthquakes, plagues, drought, heat, disease, poverty and general misery, this is just pure drivel. I know that, I do... But I just cannot contemplate all that right now. I'm deep in denial, and just sort of drifting. I don't know why. I just am.

So, enough of my petty crap. I need to go do something meaningful. Like going to the grocery store. Really.

No comments: