Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Last-Minute Swirling...

So, it's the usual night-before-we-leave pre-trip nutsiness...  You would think that, with the number of trips I've taken over my working life, I'd be able to do this in my sleep.  Well, yes, one would think that, wouldn't one...  But, apparently now that I'm no longer a wage slave, all my trip savviness has disappeared (along with my regular paycheck)...  Nah, I'll be able to pull it together, no worries...

As noted in a prior post, we've got two trips, back to back, which means I'm really doing two packing chores: one set of clothes, etc. for Vietnam, where it'll be around 90 degrees and incredibly humid, and another set for the UK, where it'll be around 65 degrees (or below) and probably rainy (or, of course, it could be in the 80s and fine/sunny) (0ne never knows when one goes to England)...  We'll be home just one night between the trips, and much confusion will no doubt ensue as we throw set one on the floor and throw set two into the suitcases...  

I'm taking a sewing project with me to the UK, to occupy myself while DH is busy doing one of his car events.  It's a table runner, in a maile wreath pattern, done in the Hawaiian quilting style; i.e., a needle-turn applique, then channel quilted.  The background is a pale yellow mottled batik-y type fabric, and the applique is a dark green mottled batik-y fabric; looks real nice together, IMHO.  It's an intricate applique, so it ought to keep me busy for quite a while.  I'll post a photo when it's a bit further along; right now, it's just pinned in place, not even basted.  

Other than that, I think all is as ready (short of final packing) as it can be.  We'll see...  I'll try and post on our travels, but Internet access might be intermittent from time to time.

Until then...  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I find that most often, I get the swirleys...but sometimes, for reasons I can't explain, I get so calm and everything falls into place.

I find if I've been planning the trip for a while...swirl.

If it's a last minute thing...calm.

You'd think it would be the other way 'round, huh?

Weird.

Anyhoo, I'll leave my own navel gazing to myself.

Have fun on your trip (best you can), be safe and come home soon!