Monday, November 24, 2008

Monday and Hysteria

Well, okay, not really hysteria, just angst and anxiety. Packing for the road trip is in progress. Most of the home-based chores are done, I've printed out my step-by-step driving route (thank you, Auto Club!), have all kinds of safety supplies in the car, and (from what the pile looks like) everything I own needs to get stuffed into two suitcases and numerous tote bags!

There's more than a little irritation in me right now, about leaving my own home -- why should I leave? Why shouldn't he be the one to decamp? Well, because my little bird, you're the one who needs to put some time and space between you and him, remember? To bolster the cutting of the emotional chains? Remember all that? It's easier to leave today, because he's not here. (He's in Southern California, retrieving the two old Jaguar cars we bought in the UK...) It is hard enough as it is.

I'll probably poop out earlier than I'd like today, and stay somewhere in Southern California. (I have visions of passing out along the road in Death Valley...) Hopefully, will be pulling into Albuquerque at some point tomorrow (Tuesday). We shall see. I'm looking forward to this, I think... Oh, hell, I'm not sure what I'm feeling! It's my hope that, by the end of this trip, I'll have a little more clarity in my head and in my heart.

To all of you out there who have been so supportive, there are no words to thank you for all the love and care. I do feel it, trust me.

Take care of yourselves on this dreary Monday...

No comments: