Sunday, November 2, 2008

Whoo-hoo!

I voted already! Did the early voting thing... Went down to the Santa Clara County Registrar of Voters, which was open today from 9AM to 3PM, and it took a little over an hour. Luckily, we got there early enough in the day, that we didn't need to wait outside on the sidewalk -- we were inside, and got to sit on real chairs! OK, they were folding metal chairs, but better than nothing.

I get very excited when I go to vote. To me, this is the essence of democracy, and really what the US is all about. There were people all around us, who for sure were not US natives, and they were all patient, and anxious to vote, and (as far as I could tell) very knowledgeable about what they were about to do. There were also lots of younger people, and minorities -- both of which I hadn't seen a lot of in the past. (I often do early voting, as it's a great opportunity to hang out and see what the populace is up to...)

Whatever your personal position and/or leanings are, I hope each and every one you (who is eligible to vote) goes out and votes!!! As far as I am concerned, there are very few (if any) valid excuses for NOT voting!

OK, enough of my nudging and nagging.

Cheers!

No comments: