Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A Nail-Biter...

Those of you who know me, know that I'm not great on the issue of waiting patiently for things to work out. This election night is driving me NUTS!!! And, of course, I just get all WHIPPED UP about the fact that the news networks start "calling" states in the East way before the polls close in the West. There's something there that just does not seem fair. When I am queen, we're going to get them to knock that crap off.

What else... Actually got things done today (hooray!), which was a good step forward. A few days ago, while I was driving to the airport to pick up my daughter (who was flying in for the weekend), I took a corner a bit too fast, and the Grande Chai Latte that I had picked up for her tumbled over. Did I notice that? Nope, not until every last little bit had leaked out into the car carpeting. Yuk. So, today, I took out the removable floor mat in the passenger foot well, and actually washed it out in the kitchen sink. The combination of years of dirt and stinky sour milk really perked me up, I tell ya... Now, to tackle the milky residue in the non-removable carpeting. Oh, goodie.

And, what else... I have been brooding on the meaning of the word "betrayal". Such an ugly word but, occasionally, an absolutely accurate one. One of the most painful words in the human lexicon, I think. Perhaps, in time, I can write a reasoned, articulate, non-ranting blog post on the issue of betrayal. All I can say right now is that I am wrestling with the implications of betrayal, and what an appropriate response is. Perhaps the universe was waiting until I was matured sufficiently to address these issues, eh?

Tonight, I'm off for a meeting with the sip-n-sew gang (two members will be absent), to pontificate about the election, and perhaps drink a bit too much (no, probably not), and maybe, just maybe, do some sewing!

I hope all of those of you out there who are reading this got off your respective keesters and VOTED. (It would be lovely if you voted the "right" way, but the most important thing is that you vote.)

Cheers!

No comments: