Friday, December 5, 2008

TGI Flippin' F!

Oy, what a week... Nothing terrible, just felt like I was dragging... Well, I was... These undefined, vague viral maladies will kick your butt, and there's really nothing to do, other than rest and slug down some TheraFlu from time to time. I feel better today, thanks to copious ingestions of TheraFlu yesterday, and only one glass of wine with dinner... No Cosmo last night (I'm not nuts). And, it's a nice day here today (a bit crisp but lovely), have already washed three cars (so I'm not ashamed to be seen on the streets), and am getting ready to go run errands. Tonight, foot rub at the local Chinese foot rub spa, then the usual Friday night routine at a local watering hole (drinks, pupus and molten chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream). Life is OK... Other than the throbbing menacing presence just out of sight, behind that bush over there...

My daughter is getting ready for her first set of finals in her last year at college. I cannot believe how quickly the time has flown... She was in preschool just yesterday! I am so very proud of her, and all that she's accomplished over the past few years. She's a lovely young woman, full of common sense, generosity of spirit, compassion, empathy, and a wicked sense of humor. I take full credit, of course! She said earlier this week, in one of our many phone calls, that I must plan on attending her graduation. Well, no kidding! There are very few things in the world that would keep me away... actually, only if I were in the ICU, hooked up to a bunch of wires and tubes... and if I couldn't be moved... I will be bawling my eyes out, of course, but what a day to look forward to!

And, with regard to the son, I was cleaning out my sewing room (aka The Great Pit) yesterday, as I've been doing for weeks, and came across a journal entry, on a piece of notebook paper, that I had written the night my son was born (he was born just before lunchtime, so I presume I was somewhat coherent when I wrote the entry, as it appears to have been done at night)... It was pretty touching... I don't even remember writing it... I'll probably stick it in his baby book, all the better to embarrass him later...

I've also been expanding my LinkedIn network. I guess it's kind of like FaceBook for adults... I really need to get myself out there, and find a new job... I must say, I've enjoyed not working these past few months... I really really REALLY needed the rest, but reality is intruding. I could not have dealt with all the personal challenges in my marriage if I had to show up, bright and cheery, at an office every day, and perform. So, even though I was bummed at leaving The Company, as usual, things worked out for the best. I just need to have faith in fate!

Well, that's enough dithering. Off to run errands and grab lunch. I hope you all are doing well, and looking forward to a lovely weekend.

Cheers!

No comments: