Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Yes, I AM a Domestic Goddess

An interim post: The apple butter, if I may say so, is SUPERB... It's cooked way longer than I expected, and it still needs to cook a bit more, just to thicken up a bit, but it is yummy. I still think there's a tad too much cinnamon, but that's a minimal cavil. I cannot believe how a full crock pot of chopped apples cooked down to one-third of a crock pot full... Wow... Well, friends, there will be a lot of apple butter gifts at Christmas, I believe!

Now, I'm thinking, somewhere there has got to be a recipe for strawberry butter... But I need to wait until summer for that, as the strawberries that are in the store now are really tasteless... I still put them on my cereal in the morning, but they're not very good...

And, need to call doctor; am suffering from some undefined viral crap... Blast!

More later...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Apple butter....yuuuummmm. Sounds delish!

You *are* a domestic goddess. Things I would never have guessed about you in all those years at The Company! :)

Maybe our favorite IT senior director would have sweetened up a bit with some apple butter, eh?