Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Day Two...

... post-surgery, and I'm getting antsy. Today, I only took one mega-pain pill, and only took one nap. I still look fairly hideous, but better than yesterday. Theoretically, today is the day on which the swelling is worst, and it gets better from now on. However, I think the swelling is better, although odd parts of my face are pooching out. My doctor says that's all normal, as the swelling "migrates" downward. (Oh, great, I'll have a poochy tummy by the time this is all over...) And, the healing is going along fine, apparently, as I'm starting to itch a bit. And my energy level is coming back. Now, apparently, is the critical time when I need to be conscious of taking it easy, and NOT jumping back into my normal level of business. (Kind of like when I had my babies -- after hauling around that load for nine months, you at first feel wonderful, like Super Woman, and you do too much, and then -- wham! -- it hits you between the eyes and you're laid flat out!

Anyway, two buddies from work dropped by today -- no doubt they could not wait to see what I look like -- and they didn't flinch too much. So, I guess I don't look too bad. Got caught up on all the gossip from The Company (nothing truly juicy), etc., etc. We will be scheduling the official "unveiling" of my new look for a few weeks out, complete with alcohol, I hope. (I'm still on the no-caffeine, no-alcohol regimen...) And, believe me, I am truly looking forward to my first Cosmo! I had to watch yet another Presidential debate sans wine tonight. That is truly painful. I am so done with all this election hoo-hah, I can't tell you. I really admire systems in other countries where the campaigning is limited to like five or six weeks. Yep, very civilized... This race has gone on for a year, or more, as far as I can tell. I am so done...

Tomorrow, perhaps I shall get back to some sewing. Maybe some reading (real books). Maybe some house cleaning. Maybe some laundry. Oh, boy, sit back and kick it, girlfriend! Wooohoooo!!! Yeah, so I'm just a tad snarky tonight. Just a bit. If I hear one more person promise, on their word of honor, that they will create thousands, no, millions, of jobs... I'll puke. How? and, of course, the favorite mantra of "no new taxes"... Who, pray tell, will pay for all the infrastructure repair and replacement? the bills generated by the day-to-day operation of the government? the stupid bloody war(s) we keep getting involved in? The bloody Easter Bunny? For the love of pete...

I am really getting crabby. Yep, time for another codeine pill. Well, no, not tonight. I think I'm done with those. Maybe some graham crackers and warm milk? Yum! (Oh, god, I really wish I could have a nice glass of chilled white wine...)

Well, I hope you all watched the debate, and are ready to vote on November 4th. It can't come any too soon, IMHO...

No comments: