Tuesday, October 14, 2008

No one told me...

... that, after the surgery, I'd have an uncanny resemblance to a washed-up prize fighter! Well, okay, it's not really that bad, but whew! looking at myself in the mirror this morning took my breath away! I feel far better than I look, is all I'm saying. Actually, my jaw is rather swollen, so I think I'm doing a fabulous job of imitating Marlon Brando, playing the Godfather! (If I do say so myself...) I'm told the swelling should go down in a few more days. However, right now, it's pretty astonishing! And, combined with the bruising, I am quite a sight!

I was awake during the surgery (just local painkillers -- Lidocaine?), and that was a bloody weird experience, let me tell you. I felt pressure and heard things going on, but felt nothing. And, thank goodness the doctor didn't offer me a mirror so I could see what was going on. Even I would have been grossed out by that! (And it takes a lot to get me grossed out...)

Anyway, I am still kind of woozy, due to the lovely pain meds, and keep falling sleep here on the sofa. I guess my body needs it, so what the heck... I am ambulatory, and with it enough to make myself tea, and eat oatmeal, so it's all good.

Nothing much to report from here at the moment. I feel myself drifting away again... More later!

1 comment:

Wearinbeads said...

so when do we get the updated photo? You taking record shots??