Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Pebble Beach

This past Sunday, the spousal unit and I went down to Pebble Beach, to attend the annual Concours d'Elegance.  Very upscale event -- it's my third time.  Lovely, beautiful motor vehicles, lots and lots of people with more money than should be allowed, as well as all kinds of folk, and all on the green(s) at the Pebble Beach Resort.  (One of my favorite places, although goodness knows I could not afford to stay there if I were paying out of my own pocket.)

I think one of the best things to do there is people-watch.  As noted, above, there are lots and lots of folk with lots and lots of money (trust me, I know), as well as lots of ordinary folk.  The dress ranges from full-out cocktail attire (a tad disconcerting at 10:00AM), to nice clothes, to jeans, to costume (to go with the vintage of one's car, normally), to lots and lots of faboo hats, to goodness only knows what.

This year, one of my favorite sightings was this very dashing and dapper gentleman, done up like an Edwardian dandy, in wonderful morning dress.  I couldn't resist -- I snatched up my trusty Sony Cyber-Shot camera, and started snapping away.  I figure if someone shows up in public dressed like this, he/she is probably hoping someone will take his/her photo anyway.  I really should Photoshop out the chain, but for now it will do.  This fellow walked back and forth, and put on a very good show.  I am hereby conveying my thanks to him for giving a bit of panache to the event.

I really should have taken photos of some of the women, but frankly none of them matched him for sheer presentation...

Oh, and it was cloudy and nippy all day.  The sun never did come out, although both the husband and I walked away with very red faces -- even with the liberal application of sunscreen to which we treated ourselves...  I've simply got to remember that, even with the haze, the sun is there...

Just had to share this...

Cheers!

No comments: