Saturday, August 23, 2008

So Not in the Zone This Morning

OK, I showed up for tennis, and dutifully tried my best but boy oh boy was I so NOT in the zone today...  The pros make it look so effortless, but I am such a doof some days...  Now that I know what I'm doing wrong, it's so much more frustrating.  However, today, I'm blaming it on my bum shoulder and being distracted by personal issues.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.  The assistant to the teacher told me to go home and practice tossing the ball in the air so it goes where it's supposed to go (to aid in my serve).  Jeez, I'm a geezerette -- come on!  But, I'll keep trying.  

Today, we're looking at just running errands and preparing for an upcoming trip.  I look at the mountain-o-crap all over my house, and despair of ever making a dent.  When I left The Company, I hauled all sorts of stuff home -- the detritus of 17 years there.  Boy, there was a lot of it.  I'm trying (ha!) to sort through it, rather than just hurling it in the corners of the junk room, in a vain effort to ensure I don't have to do it again later.  I also started attempting to make a dent in the heap-o-crap in my sewing room, which is also a daunting task.  Starting to catalog the many many sewing patterns I have lying about, which is a start... Then, sort through the fabric... then, the notions...  Then, I'll be 80 years old... ha!

OK, off to run errands...  More to come later, perhaps.

Cheers!

No comments: